Alumni, Parents and Friends
Welcome to the CofC Honors Alumni, Parents and Friends page,You can make a difference in the lives of Honors College students. We invite you to play a more active role in the Honors College whether you live three blocks from campus or 3,000 miles away. We are committed to enhancing the relationship between the Honors College and Honors alumni, parents of Honors students, and friends of the Honors College and we welcome your ideas.
How can you play an active role in the Honors College?
- Offer internships to current Honors students (Our students have completed internships around the world so internships are not limited to the Charleston area.)
- Be a guest speaker or sponsor a guest speaker
- Join the PAWWS (Parents and Alumni Working With Students) volunteer program and assist the Admissions staff with recruiting events across the United States
- Help welcome new Honors College students to campus
- Serve on a committee to plan Honors alumni events (i.e. the Honors reception during Charleston Affair weekend, Honors happy hours, etc.)
- Serve on a committee to plan Honors family events (i.e. the Honors Family Weekend Harbor Cruise)
- Organize an Honors alumni group in your city/state/country
- Donate to the Honors Deans Excellence Fund or the Honors Speakers Fund
- Contribute to the Honors Alumni Update and share your news
- Nominate Honors alumni for the Distinguished Honors Alumnus award Please contact me if you are interested in playing an active role in Honors. I look forward to hearing from you
Maria Mansfield Richardson
College of Charleston Honors College